Tuesday, October 12, 2010

12th - A Problem w/ Mr. Deets

Special thanks again today to Bridget Ruller for watching Cooper in the morning and taking him to school.

This morning was extremely disappointing.  After another night of "no food or drink after midnight", Stuart and I went to CMC-Mercy at 9:30 for my port placement.  I will say that Mercy has been nicely remodeled since we last visited in the 1990's.  Beyond that, I have nothing nice to say today.  As we were beginning to fill out paperwork with the registrar, an RN stuck her head in and said, "There is a problem with Mr. Deets".  Wait a second, I am Mr. Deets, can I participate in this conversation?  She went on to explain that some of the equipment used in the port placement had been down since the early morning.  A phone call would have been nice!

So, we proceeded upstairs, where a very uninspiring middle-aged nurse asked if I'd rather have a temporary "pick-line" installed instead.  What?  Is this a used car lot?  I did make a couple phone calls to see if we could pull a string to get things done, but without success.

The port placement will have to wait until tomorrow...at CMC-University...just so I get the full tour of the "B" level facilities.

Wow, that post was cathartic.


An artist's rendition of CMC-Mercy after ongoing renovations are complete.

6 comments:

  1. Dan, I'm so glad you decided to do this blog to allow us to be there with you along this journey. For some of my other friends who have kept journals, it has been a powerful part of the healing process. I know I'll be sure to check in, daily, as I send prayers and positive thoughts to you, Stuart, the children and everyone in the family. Count me in as a cheerleader! - All my best! Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wild Card - for my part, I officially bow to your literary prowess, as I've just plowed through 16 blogs straight, and let's be honest - ain't NOBODY ON EARTH willing to read 16 of my donkey trash postings in a row. Thanks so much for letting me and Jenny be a part of this. But seriously - the boys want to see the Wild Card with a shaved chest - is that so much to ask? P.S. I still hate Boise State as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Memories of Mercy....yeah hubby was there when we first moved to Charlotte from VA...I can tell you stories! Then again who likes hospitals?! Muchas gracias Senor Deets for keeping us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanda - I really am not a blogger, but I will do my best!

    Sam - the shaved chest is out of the question, but I'll keep your requests in mind

    Martha - I'm sorry to hear you also had a bad experience with Mercy. For me, it was little things they could have avoided...I do want to hear your stories over coffee or lunch soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Deets! Can i get on the coffee/lunch list? Thank you for making your tough journey so easy to understand. I have just received your forwarded email about this blog and read all of the post. I will be tuning in daily so i can pray specifically for you and Stuart....and the doctors too! My heart is heavy tonight for the stresses that the two of you must be enduring. I will be thinking of you all day tomorrow! If there is anything you can think of that I can do to help don't hesitate to ask. I am now on the journey with y'all! Greensboro is only an hour away!

    Cambre

    btw...yes, i use to be a silly blogger...no time for that now. just ignore:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cambre - welcome aboard! It is so good to hear from you; you and Blake are welcome anytime...kids or no kids in tow! Talk to you soon. P.S. I want the car you're driving that get's you from Greensboro to Charlotte in an hour.

    ReplyDelete