Wednesday, September 22, 2010

22nd - Two weeks of Hell

You may find it more than a little funny that I am sitting in front of my computer starting a blog.  If you know me well, the reasons are obvious and many; if you do not know me that well or we have been out of touch for a while, suffice it to say that I have made endless fun of bloggers over the past few years.  As with most (modestly) insecure people, I tend to make fun of things that I am afraid of, jealous of, or in general do not think I would be very good at.  So, for me, blogging ranks up there with hermit crabs (I refuse to touch them), celebrities (both a fear and jealousy depending on who we are talking about), and speaking foreign languages (I need to pick a few up).

The reason for this blog is efficiency, something I have a particular love affair with.  Without the blog, I know that I will not do a good job keeping all the people I should up to speed on my new challenge.  The challenge is this...to overcome Hodgkin's Lymphoma, which I will be formally diagnosed with in two weeks time, on 6 October, 2010.  You will hear all about Hodgkin's through this blog, so I will spare you the details in this post.  In short, Hodgkin's is a form of cancer that affects the lymphatic system, which is part of the immune system.

Now that I have shared my diagnosis with you, I will fill you in on all the events leading up to the diagnosis.  It turns out to be exactly two weeks of Hell between my first doctor's appointment and my diagnosis.  My state of mind was pure denial the entire time.

No comments:

Post a Comment