Monday, January 3, 2011

3rd - Happy New Year

Happy New Year Everyone!  I am convinced that 2011 is going to be a phenomenal year.  I look forward to good health, time with family/friends/co-workers and balance across the many facets of life that make it worth living.

Before I get too far into this post, I need to say a special thank you to the Cieris, Kerrins and Nestors for the wonderful food that they have given to us over the past couple of weeks.  Moe, not surprisingly, makes one kick-ass Lasagna.

The hangover from the last treatment was a little longer than those prior, so I expect the cumulative effects of chemo to continue.  Even if it does continue to get worse physically, my mental game is strong and will carry me through.  I have "made the turn" and am now headed for the finish line of a long and successful treatment.

Treatment #7 & 8 are this month, followed by my second PET-CT scan on or around January 31st.

Before I wrap this up, I want to wish my Virginia Tech Hokies well in tonight's Orange Bowl vs. the Stanford Cardinal.  Who do these guys think they are having a singular cardinal as a mascot.  Everyone Hokie fan knows birds are like interceptions...they are better in bunches.  My prediction is (of course) a blow-out for the good-guys...VT 45 Stanford 27.

Oh yes, I almost forgot...my promise to post a couple more requested hairstyles...
"The Bieber"


"The Trump"

4 comments:

  1. Hello Dan Happy New Year to you and yours, we have our end of year townhall before xmas and one of the questions that Andy was asked was what are you most looking forward to in 2011 and the first thing he said was Dan returning to us fit and well I wanted to share that with you.

    On another note I see the Hokies did not win and for that I am sorry, I didnt see the game but I read about it on the website not that I understand some of what was said as I know nothing about American Football lol...

    Oh and not liking the Bieber or the Trump, I am still voting the owen wilson with the Patrick Dempsey a close second...

    Keep racing to that finishing Line - it is in sight and as Andy said hopefully we will see you again soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take it you are not on the new Charlotte bandwagon of "Bring Andrew Luck to town" as most are around here at the moment?
    Glad you are doing well...good luck this week to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ray - I missed your comment a few days ago. I was on the Andrew Luck bandwagon for a bit, as I am not a Jimmy Clausen fan. Alas, young Andrew has his priorities in order and will be completing school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie - thanks as always for following and I hope you have enjoyed learning about the Hokies and American Football.

    ReplyDelete