Tuesday, January 11, 2011

11th - Reflections From Halfway

Well folks, I am glad to say that treatment #7 is squarely in the rear-view mirror.  As I have said before, I do believe my treatment will be 6 months long rather than the normal 8 months, but in either case I am somewhere near the halfway point.  The nurses at Dr. Frenette's office have started to ask me how long it has been...which is a sure sign that I have logged some serious hours with them.

As I reflect on what I have learned so far, a few things come readily to mind:
  • I have a wife that loves me unconditionally and has never doubted that I will be cured (even if I have at times)
  • Young children do not get the credit they deserve; they do "understand what is going on" and amplify their love and attention accordingly
  • You are always someone's son or daughter, no matter how old you are
  • If you are extremely lucky, "work" is not just a place you go to earn a paycheck, it becomes an extension of your family
  • When someone asks if they can help you, "yes" is most often the right answer
  • Life is short enough, never treat it like a race