Friday, March 18, 2011

18th - Treatment #12 of 12 Done

Pending a clean/negative PET&CT scan on April 11th, my treatment for Hodgkin's Lymphoma is 100% complete.

My sincere thanks to all of you for your support throughout my treatment.  I would not have gotten through it in such a positive way without you.  Thank you also to Ray Tavares and Moe Cieri for taking me to lunch this past week.  Being with friends is always helpful and appreciated.

Before I sign off, a few statistics from the last couple of weeks:

7 lbs 9 ounces -
My younger brother, Doug, and his wife Samantha welcomed their second child into the world on March 11th.  Beau Dillon Deets was born at ~7:45 AM at Presbyterian Hospital in Charlotte, NC.  One of the big questions with Deets Children is whether or not they will win the recessive gene lottery and have shocking red hair or not.  So far, it looks like Beau may take after his mother and have brown hair.

1 in 20 -
The number of Americans that is a cancer survivor.  This number has thankfully been rising over the past decade, due to improved early detection, better treatment protocols and I believe the shrinking stigma associated with having cancer.

1 in 1,000,000 -
The odds of my Virginia Tech Hokies ever making the NCAA Men's Basketball tournament.  Sadly, the Hokies were left out of the field for the 4th year in a row, despite having a pretty good resume.  Good luck to the team in the NIT (a.k.a. Not Invited (to the NCAA) Tournament).

11 comments:

  1. fabulous! can't wait to hear the news on the 11th!
    whew...you have fought the good fight well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cambre - I appreciate all your support. Can't wait to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good stuff Dan. Congrats on fighting the good fight. I am sure you are an even wiser man for having gone through this. I will be checking back to hear the good news on the 11th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Brian...I will definitely keep the blog updated. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brother Dan - all I can say is WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!! YEAH, BABY!!!!! Picture me screaming louder than the Baron in Macau when he's on a heater. This DEFINITELY is cause for a celebration - I think we should host a team meeting in Sydney to celebrate...just sayin'...

    FINGERS CROSSED FOR THE FINAL SCAN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sammy - great visual...when the Baron gets on heater, it is something to behold. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent News Dan, I look forward to seeing more good news on here on the 11th April

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie - thanks for checking in. I look forward to posting more good news on the 13th (once I see the Doc).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking about you, brother - give us the big news!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sam - will do...thx for the shoutout in your blog as well. Sean had it right...the "mosquito net Sam" was too much for the eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am very much delighted. To everyone reading this,i want to inform the public on how i got cured from stage 2 ovarian cancer by Dr Itua Herbal Medicines. i have been suffering from ovarian cancer, and i have also taken treatment from my doctor but no way out,few weeks back i came on the internet to see if i will be able to get any information as to curing Cancers, on my search i saw various testimony of people who was healed from Uterine Cancers and Brain Tumors by the good doctor, called Dr Itua. without any hesitation, i contacted his email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com and i wrote him and and he guided me,i asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for me so i started using the medicine, after the period of three weeks given to me by Dr Itua i was completely cured nomore tumors on my body was found anymore. So dear viewer why living your life in therapist or chemo?contact him now on WhatsApp +2348149277967 he is able to cure the listed diseases:Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Pancreative Cancer,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Kidney cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,
    Intestinal cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis.
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Throat cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,

    ReplyDelete